DWC Beginner Kit
The single bucket DWC (Deep Water Culture) beginner kit includes everything you need to get growing hydroponically with very little assembly or maintenance required. Grow some of your favorite tall-statured crops with this affordable and easy to use design that has been tried and tested by DIY hydroponics enthusiastic for decades.
- 5 Gallon Bucket Reservoir
- 6” Mesh Basket Top
- Clay Pellets (2 Liters)
- 6” Air Stone
- 4 Ft. Air Tubing
- Air Pump
- 4 Sets of A+B Nutrient Packs
1.) Remove all contents of the bucket and rinse with water to remove any dust or debris.
2.) Insert air tubing through pre-drilled hole on side of bucket reservoir, connecting to air stone inside.
NOTE: Air stone is fragile and should be handled with care to avoid cracking or damaging as this will render the air stone ineffective.
3.) Attach other end of air tubing to air pump nipple, outside of bucket reservoir.
4.) Fill bucket to the “Fill” line indicated inside the bucket with distilled, tap, or rainwater.
5.) Add 1 packet of “A” nutrient to bucket, dissolving completely before adding
“B” nutrient and dissolving completely.
6.) Plug in air pump and confirm air stone is aerating water with sufficient bubbling shown at water surface.
7.) Open bag of clay pellets and fill 6” basket to rim, careful not to overfill.
8.) Insert mesh basket full of clay pellets into bucket, and make sure water reaches clay pellets.
9.) Plant seedling into clay pellets, ensuring roots touch water at the base of the mesh basket.
- Bucket water levels should be maintained at a level that roots of plants are always in contact with water.
- Water should be completely changed, and new nutrients added every 2-4 weeks to ensure crop health and nutrient availability.
- pH is important to crop nutrient uptake and plant health, some tap water has
significantly high pH, so rainwater may offer a more appropriate pH level for healthy crop growth (5.8-6.4).
- Examine roots regularly to ensure white, healthy roots are growing. It is recommended to condition the water with hydrogen peroxide to discourage disease and encourage healthy root growth. 40-50ml of 5% hydrogen
peroxide can be added to the bucket once a week to help condition the water.