ZipGrow™ DIY Microgreens Station - Base Kit
Microgreens are densely planted seedlings (bigger than a sprout, smaller than a mature plant) that are usually a leafy green or crops with dramatic flavors like radishes or peas.
Typically grown in fodder systems, seeds are planted in an even layer, germinated, and grown for a week or two before being harvested.
The appeal of microgreens is that they're profitable for farmers, valuable to chefs who use them as garnishes and flavor-adders, and that they add a spike of flavor and nutrition to consumers.
Everything in this Station has been carefully selected to help you grow microgreens without a mess and without a hassle. We have saved you the time of searching for and shipping pieces individually.
The Base Kit includes:
- (2) 4’ X 2’ Flood Trays
- (8) 10" X 20" Mesh Trays
- Bottom Draw Grower's Pump (530GPH)
- 25 Gallon Black Plastic Reservoir w/Cover
- (4) Full-Spectrum 4’ LED Strip Lights
- Danner Supreme Hydroponic Air Pump - 2W
- Airline Tubing and 6” Air Stone
- (16) BioStrate® Biobased Microgreen Propagation Felt
- ½” Rubber Hose and Various Plumbing Fittings
*Does not include the rack/shelving unit.